We have had the most terrible experience and in addition, the companies dont care for apologizing and refunding for the terrible mistakes they made.
I have contacted customer service (which dont know anything about customer service, being helpful or being friendly. I have written to the CEO of TUI Huber Alexander and the CEO of JetTime Holme Jorgen
Inflight services made the same 100% failure in delivering what they got paid for in advance, and ruined a lot for our vacation. I cannot get the name of the CEO, as customer service people are a barrier and say “write to us and we will forward to our CEO, whose name we dont give out”. No one has contacted me, so the customer service has once again shown that what they say is not true.
Quite shady business!
Here is my letter to the CEOs and the people responsible for complaints and refund:
Dear CEOs and Directors of TUI, JetTime and Inflight Services,
I contact you regarding our experience with all of your companies and services 29.3.2019 and 5.4.2019.
I add all of you in this email, so that you can discuss the matters between yourselves, before replying to me with your compensation / refund suggestion for the extremely tough and sad experience we encountered with all matters of our orders and purchases from you.
We booked flights Helsinki – Hurghada Helsinki from TUI Finland.
I got very ill right before our holiday, and got a doctor’s statementof the bronchitis, and I discussed our cancellation with TUI. TUI said no cancel is needed, though we have cancellation insurance, they rather CHANGE OUR FLIGHT INTERNALLY, so there is no cancellation and a new order. And they sent me the new confirmation with the new dates. TUI said all is best this way. All seemed OK.
TUI said they will inform Jettime, who actually gets all info directly digitally, as we live in a computerized world.
I contacted JetTime just in case and got confirmation all is OK. They see our new dates. Then I ordered and paid again for exit row seats. I have confirmation on all this.
Then I asked Jettime to help us with the tax free purchases and Pekka wrote to me, that he has informed Inflightservices who will contact me. It was very tough to get hold of someone at inflightservices. But with hard trying I did reach them, and talk mostly with Maria. She promised all is well. I asked for receipts and confirmation, as it is good to have all in written format. She finally sent the confirmation and said again: all is taken care of and is OK.
So we looked forward to have a NICE flight with meals and that we have our tax free items.
- At checkin in Helsinki, we were told by an unfriendly woman that we are NOT on the flight list. I showed her our ticket and the paid exit seats. She was confused how can that be. She called TUI or Jettime, would not tell me who, and said OK, I will insert you in to the system. This was not a great experience, to hear we are no on the flight lists. And to get on the plane only by demanding it.
- I called TUI Finland after the checkin and told what happened. TUI said all is ok on their side. I asked to contact Jettime, as we had to board the plane. TUI said they will do that and ask what is going on. I never got feedback from TUI. So I called them again from Egypt, and a semi unfriendly TUI person said all is OK… or SHOULD be… and only after 3 requests, she said OK… I can call Jettime to make sure all could be ok on the return flight.
- On the Helsinki Hurhgada plane we had no tax free things … and I asked about them from the cabin crew chief. She (Johanna) and her team were the only helpful during all flights, the return flight people were arrogant and unfriendly. Johanna said see cannot understand where our tax free bags are, as she cannot see us on the passenger list, we are ghost flyers. Not a great thing to hear! She came back saying she had found our order on the computer, and I showed my receipts and she said she cannot understand why INFLIGHTSERVICES HAVE NOT BROUGHT OUR ORDERS TO THE PLANE, and why we have no food and are not on the lists.
- Cabin crew manager Johanna then checked our food. Which we had ordered and paid for! No food for us. Thank you you “greatly” Jettime for making every and each thing, of your core business, not work. We are not on the name lists, we had no food, and no tax free orders / bags.
- How can this happen?
- We got something to eat as Johanna said they feel so sorry for us and they fix something. Then we pondered about the wine. The had only small bottles, so we had to buy those, in order to have at least something in Egypt, on our vacation. We should have had the tax free orders, now we bought less than we needed, and paid a high price, inflightservices took 130 euros, which we want returned to us.
- After phone calls from Egypt to Helsinki, we hoped all is well on the plane back. We were told all should be OK… but no one was sure.
- When we asked about the food, on the return flight, so we would know if we should buy something else, chips or cheese, if we are forgotten again, the cabin crew was very unkind. Arrogant. After 2 hours they told us, yes there is food for us and they have found a tax free bag (our return flight order) in the kitchen as no one knew if we are on the plane! It was not brought with the other tax free bags, to other customers, but sent as a special delivery, which confirms we had totally been forgotten by Jettime. Though Maria and Pekka said all is OK! Terrible experience. Terrible stress. Terrible extra costs.
- We would like to hear your thoughts, CEOs of TUI JetTime and Inflightservices, about this… who is responsible? How can this happen? And who refunds us for the costs we had for your mistakes, and who refunds us for the terrible experience?
Johanna and Ilmo Hurmerinta